When we started fulltiming we knew other people were living and working fulltime in their trailers but we hadn’t actually met a lot of them in person. A few months ago Technomadia, whom we have followed extensively and used their various posts and handbooks to successfully work on the road, posted photos from the first Xscapers Convergence at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Kate signed us up as Escapees immediately and we planned to make their next convergence in Quartzsite, AZ.
Awesome RV Camping in NY with a Harvest Host
Made a short video of the few days we spent at Black Bear Farm Winery. They are part of the Harvest Host program that we have stayed at before in Iowa and in North Carolina. They are a winery but don’t have any wines made from grapes. Instead they are made from a variety of fruits like cranberries, black berries, and goose berries amongst others.
There are no facilities so you will be boondocking. Be sure to bring your own water and enjoy the scenery and peacefulness. We stopped through on our way to Vermont and Maine.
Adding fresh water to your rv can be a challenge when boondocking
Roger made a video showing how we fill our fresh water tank from our water jugs.
Items Used (Warning affiliate links, if you buy something we get 4% so like beer money, thanks!)
Ever wondered how we stay for fresh and so clean? We shower with fresh water of course! The problem is that we only have a 40 gallon tank and we average about 7 gallons per day between the two of us. So at best we are only gonna make it a little over 5 days before we need more water. Rather than hook the trailer up once a week we fill our 7 gallon water jugs and pour them into the tank. After 6 months on the road we have a pretty good system for pouring it in.
Roger was on the Our Big Dumb Mouth show last week with Mike and talked about living fulltime in a Trailer and poo.
Made a short video of our Solar System install in our trailer, have a watch here:
Equipment for Solar Power in Trailer
- 2 Kyrocera 320 Watt Solar Panels – Looks like 325 is the new max
- Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 TriStar 60 Amp Charge Controller 12-48V
- Go Power! GP-SW2000-12 2000-Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Go Power! GP-SWR-B-12 Remote for 12V GP-SW1000, 2000, & 3000
- 4 Trojan 105-A 6A Golf Cart Batteries in Series and Parallel for 12V at 440AH
- Go Power! TS-30 30 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch
- Go Power! GPC-75-MAX 75 Amp 4-Stage Converter/Battery Charger
- Progressive Industries HW30C 30 Amp Hardwired Electrical Management System with Remote Display
- Trimetric Battery Monitor